Diploma in Medical Engineering
This course is designed to equip and prepare trainees for future employment in the field of maintenance and repair of clinical medical equipment and hospital systems.
The course is intended to equip trainees with knowledge and skills to enable him/her work safely, accurately and efficiently in most common health care equipment and systems. The course is also intended to impart general knowledge so as to positively change the attitude to enable the trainee contributes positively to the society.
GENERAL OBJECTIVE OF THE COURSE
At the end of the course the trainee should be able:
- Understand the general working and use of common health care equipment and systems
- Diagnose technical faults in common health care equipment and systems
- Maintain clinical medical equipment and hospital and hospital system serviceable conditions.
- Interpret working drawings with a view of fabricating a given technical part to improve efficiency of the system without endangering patients.
- Have acquired safe working attitudes for any working environment
- Modify existing system to improve efficiency
- Appreciate management and organizational problems and display leadership skills in Medical engineering fields.
Trainee joining this course should have any of the following minimum requirements:
- Passed KCSE with an average grade of C- and above, and Must have done Biology in addition to Mathematics and/or Physics\or
- Passed a relevant craft course and must have done Biology in addition to Mathematics and/or Physics or
- Any other equivalent qualifications approved by the Kenya National Examination Council
DURATION OF THE COURSE
The course is takes a duration of (Two years).
Both internal (TSMHS) and external (KNEC) exams are administered.