DIPLOMA IN ENVIRONMENTAL SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
This course is aimed at providing the trainee with knowledge and their application i.e.
- Operate monitor and manage a chemical processing plant
- Plan and design a product relevant to chemical and allied industries
- Provide quality control to processes relevant to chemical processing environments
- Prepare accurate laboratory reports as well as supervisory laboratory work.
- Maintain environmental safety and control pollution
Trainee entering this course should have any of the following minimum requirements.
Passed Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE) with minimum grade of C plain and in addition a minimum grade of C plain in each of the following subjects: Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry or physical sciences or Biology.
Passed a relevant craft course
Any other equivalent qualifications approved by the Kenya National Examination Council
This course takes duration of two years (6 Trimesters)
Kenya National Examination Council will offer external examinations
Internal examinations will be conducted by the institution
EXPECTED WORKING FIELD
After the institution and the Kenya National examination Council are satisfied with the performance of the student, he or she may apply for a job in the following areas
- Medical research institutions
- Environment and pollution control organizations e.g Neema
- Quality Assurance Institutions e.g. Kenya Bureau of Standards.
- Production industries
- Chemical processing industries
NB: A diploma holder student may proceed to a degree level in any of the following related courses.
- Bsc – Biochemistry
- Bsc – Microbiology – general/medical
- Bsc – Environmental science
- Bsc – Chemical engineering etc