The department of radiography has a mission of providing students with skills necessary to become a successful entry-level technologists demonstrating the highest levels of professionalism and clinical competence in serving the patients, community and profession as valuable members of the health care team.
By the end of the program:
• Students will demonstrate effective communication to the patient, public and staff i.e. written and oral.
• Students will develop critical thinking and problem solving skills by adapting exams to patients’ age and condition and also evaluating the images.
• Students will demonstrate professional behavior and ethical decision making.
• Students will apply positioning skills, select appropriate technical factors and engage in accepted radiation practices.
Minimum entry requirement
Mean grade of C at Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (K.C.S.E) level or its equivalent.
MUST have attained;
1. English or Kiswahili – C Plain
2. Biology – C Plain
3. Chemistry or Mathematics – C minus
4. Physics – C Plain
Duration of the program is 3 years
Exams; Internal examinations are from the institution
External examinations are from the society of radiography
Career paths in the field
One can become a;
Magnetic resonance technologist
Nuclear medicine technologist
Modalities in medical imaging
Computed tomography (CT)
Nuclear medicine and molecular imaging
Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI)
Role of medical imaging technology
It plays an important role in today’s healthcare system, and workers with the knowledge and skills to perform diagnostic imaging procedures are in high demand. It uses a process of visualizing the body’s parts and organs in order for medical doctors and technicians diagnose, monitor and treat disease or injury.