Minimum entry requirement
Mean grade of C at Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (K.C.S.E) level or its equivalent.
1. English or K Kiswahili – C Plain
2. Biology – C Plain
3. Chemistry – C minus
4. Mathematics or Physics – C minus
Procedure for admission.
The college will have an admission in September of each year. Qualified students who will have applied will be admitted.
Outcomes of the Program
The expected outcomes of this program are as follows:
1) Provide promotive, preventive, curative and rehabilitative health services
2) Manage health care delivery and provide administrative roles
3) Participate in teaching and learning activities and conduct research in priority areas in health.
4) Evaluate own performance and engage in continuing professional development.
5) Apply available information technology to collect, analyze, disseminate and utilize data.
6) Liaise and link with other stakeholders in health service delivery.
7) Observe professional ethics, laws, regulations and policies governing clinical practice.
Roles and Responsibilities of a Clinical Officer
The Clinical Officer should be able to execute the following roles and handle the responsibilities that come with them. These include:
1. Administration and management of the health facilities
2. Patient management
3. Member of Health Management Committee
4. Conduct medico- legal duties working together with legal practitioners and the police
5. Implements the government policies
6. Health Educator/ Lecturer
7. Offering curative, preventive, promotive and rehabilitative health services in the community.
8. Conduct and participate in innovation, research and publication